Do you have gold and silver lying around that you don’t know what to do with? Maybe it’s time to sell it and cash your belongings in for actual cash! How do you sell your precious metals, though? Do you have to find a buyer in person or can you get rid of your items online? Both are options, actually – it’s just a matter of which choice will work better for you.
Before You Sell
Make sure to do your homework. What exactly do you have and what’s it worth? What are the rates in your area? What do online rates look like and how competitive are they? If you know your stuff going into a sale, it’s unlikely that the buyer will try to take advantage of you.
• Generally, you’ll get higher offers for gold and silver when you sell it online – that’s not a guarantee, though, and some people find better deals in actual local stores.
• Your first step is to find a website that buys gold and silver. Then, you have to agree to a fair price for the sale. The prices should be locked in so that both parties are clear on exactly what they’re getting.
• When selling online, you’ll probably need to show credit or debit card information. This is security for the buyer – if you cancel the sale, you’ll be charged for the market difference. (If you fulfill your end of the deal, there’s no reason for you to be billed.)
Selling In Person
• This is the option for you if you need cash in your hand immediately. When you sell online, it can take a few days to complete the order and get paid.
• It’s best to choose a credible company over a basic pawn shop or a store that advertises, “We give cash for gold!” The higher quality the company, the more of a fair deal you’ll get.
No matter what, always be honest with the buyer. Interested in learning more about selling gold and silver? Order today for more information.